Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A DIALOGUE

Way back in 1983 I began to write letters to God and I received answers. For those of you who read this – if the word God is offensive to you, then substitute whatever word you are comfortable with. We cannot exist without a higher power that operates our bodies. The following is one of the first letters I wrote and the replies.

Dear God:
What am I doing here?
You say to learn…to gain wisdom.
Why do I need wisdom?
Oh, so I can realize who I Am.
Big deal! I am a woman…a wife…a mother.
You say those are only the roles that I have chosen to play?
Ah, You say that I was made in your image so I must be an extension of you.
I…I think I understand. However it seems to be than mankind has made You into our image!
You say that’s correct.
Well, I really don’t think that it is working.
Oh, so you agree.
If I am an extension of You, then why have I been taught that I am only a worm in the dust?
You say that worms and dust are God too. And that it has been mankind that gave us that teaching.
This is all so confusing and hard to understand!
You say I never will understand until I allow my beliefs to change.
Beliefs. Change. Yes, I think I know. Be open-minded. Change the attitude. Allow.
You’re glad I am finally getting the picture!
How can I allow when I hear people are actually praying that God will strike down their enemies?
You’re telling me to still allow?
If I allow, the world will go to pot.
You say so what? What if the world goes to pot? It is all an illusion.
How can you call the world an illusion!? This is reality! People hurt! They feel pain!
Oh. One person doesn’t eat for three days and they call it fasting. They feel cleansed and spiritually high.
Another person hasn’t eaten for three days and they feel deprived, hungry and hurt.
A woman is in labor. She will go into her pain feeling joy because she is bringing forth new life. Another woman will be in labor screaming at her pain. Fearful and hating every moment.
A man is fired from a job and feels worthless.
Another is fired and feels freedom to explore new dimension, new avenues of expression.
What is reality? What is illusion?

You have given me much to contemplate. What?
You say Life is my exercise book and I create every page.
I think I am beginning to understand. Reality is only the perception I give it. What?
Wow! Oh my! You thought I would never get it!
Am I hearing You correctly?
I am free to create nonsense or lies or even tear the pages!
Oh my God! Say that over again!
I MUST LIVE LIFE AS AN EXPRESSION OF YOU! I AM WORTHY!
Thank you.

No comments: